Effect of combination of Bromelain and Quercetin extracted from pineapples and fenugreek in mice induced arthritis
Keywords:Bromelain(bro), Quercetin (quer), Arthritis
This study revealed that bromelain from pineapple and quercetin from fenugreek mixture were active in reducing the effect of arthritis the body diameter measurements within day 4 until the day 10 of peak of induction of arthritis reached the maximum at 5.8 for CRP (mm/hr) ESR (mg/Dl) and reduced it to nearly the normal value 4.3 for CRP and 1.9 for ESR at day 30 with concentration 350 mg/kg of (bro, quer) and within day 4 until the day 10 of peak of induction of arthritis reached the maximum at 2.8 mm of paw volume and reduced it to nearly the normal value 2.9 for 300 mg/kg of (bro, quer) and 2.6 for 350 mg/kg (bro, quer) at day 30 with concentration 350 mg/kg , While within day 0 until the day 10 of peak of induction of arthritis reached the maximum at 83 ng/dl for IgG2 and 70 ng/dl for IgG1 and 40 IgG reduced it to nearly the normal value 68 ng/dl of IgG2 for 350 mg/kg of (bro, quer) and 57ng/dl of IgG1 and 39 ng/dl of IgG for 350 mg/kg (bro, quer) at day 30 with concentration 350 mg/kg .Also within day 0 until the day 10 of peak of induction of arthritis reached the lowest body weight at 18 mg of paw volume and increasing it to nearly the normal weight 19mg for 300 mg/kg of (bro,quer) and 21 mg for 350 mg/kg (bro, quer) at day 30 with concentration.
• Angeby-Möller K, Berge OG, Hamers FP. (2008). Using the CatWalk method to assess weight-bearing and pain behaviour in walking rats with ankle joint monoarthritis induced by carrageenan: effects of morphine and rofecoxib. J Neurosci Method ;174(1):1–9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneumeth.2008.06.017
• Ängeby Möller K, Svärd H, Suominen A, Immonen J, Holappa J, Stenfors C. (2018). Gait analysis and weight bearing in pre-clinical joint pain research. JNeurosci Methods.;300:92–102. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneumeth.2017.04.011
• Castro-Santos P, Díaz-Pena R. (2016). Genetics of rheumatoid arthritis: a new boost is ~ needed in Latin American populations. Rev Bras Reumatol 33-39 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rbre.2015.10.004
• Etzel LR, Strohbehn R. and McVicker JK. (1997). The Development of an Automated Turbidimetric Immunoassay for Quantification of Bovine Serum Immunoglobulin G. American Journal of Veterinary Research, 58, 1201-1205.
• Flora SJ. (2007). Role of free radicals and antioxidants in health and disease. Cell Mol Biol (noisy-le-grand);53:1e2.
• Gillooly KM, Pulicicchio C, Pattoli MA, Cheng L, Skala S, Heimrich EM, McIntyre KW, Taylor TL, Kukral DW, Dudhgaonkar S, et al., (2017). Bruton's tyrosine kinase inhibitor BMS-986142 in experimental models of rheumatoid arthritis enhances efficacy of agents representing clinical standard-of-care. PLoS One.12(7):e0181782 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0181782
• Hayer S, Bauer G, Willburger M, Sinn K, Alasti F, Plasenzotti R, Shvets T, Niederreiter B, Aschauer C, Steiner G, et al., (2016). Cartilage damage and bone erosion are more prominent determinants of functional impairment in longstanding experimental arthritis than synovial inflammation. Dis Model Mech.;9(11):1329–38.
• Hemshekhar M, Sebastin SM, Sunitha K, Thushara RM, Kemparaju K, Rangappa KS, et al., (2010). A dietary colorant crocin mitigates arthritis and associated secondary complications by modulating cartilage deteriorating enzymes, inflammatory mediators and antioxidant status. Biochimie;94: DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biochi.2012.08.013
• Ita SO, Dum-awara BL, Udofia U. and Ojobo EE. (2015). Effects of Nigerian Bonny Light Crude Oil on Some Immunological Parameters: The Role of Antioxidant Vitamins C and E and Honey in Male Wistar Rats. Journal of
• Koyama A, Tanaka A. (2017). To H. Daily oral administration of low-dose methotrexate has greater anti-rheumatic effects in collagen-induced arthritis rats. J Pharm Pharmacol.69(9):1145–54. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/jphp.12752
• Mirshafiey A, Mohsenzadegan M. (2008). The role of reactive oxygen species in immune pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 7:195e202.
• Masocha W, Parvathy SS, Pavarthy. (2009). Assessment of weight bearing changes and pharmacological antinociception in mice with LPS-induced monoarthritis using the Catwalk gait analysis system. Life Sci;85(11– 12):462–9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2009.07.015
• Mamo J and Assefa F. (2019). Antibacterial and Anticancer Property of Bromelain: A Plant Protease Enzyme from Pineapples (Ananas comosus). CurrTrends Biomed. Eng. Biosci. 19, 60–68. DOI: https://doi.org/10.19080/CTBEB.2019.19.556009
• Parvathy SS, Masocha W. (2013). Gait analysis of C57BL/6 mice with complet Freund's adjuvant-induced arthritis using the Cat Walk system. BMC Musculoskeletal Disord. ;14:14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2474-14-14
• Svensson CM, Hoffmann B, Irmler IM, Straßburger M, Figge MT, Saluz HP. (2017). Quantification of arthritic bone degradation by analysis of 3D microcomputed tomography data. Sci Rep.;7:44434. Medical and Biological Science Research, 1, 71-77. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/srep44434
• Sudakov KV. (1992) .Stress Postulate: Analysis from the Position of General Theory of Functional Systems. Pathophysiology of Experimental Therapeutic, 4, 86-89.
• Ubani CS, Joshua PE. and Umenwanne. (2009). Evaluation of Toxicological Implications of Ingestion Exposure to Gasoline in Mammals. Biokemistri, 21, 33-39.
• Vingsbo C, Sahlstrand P, Johan GB, Jonsson R, Saxne T, Holmdahl R. (2017). Pristane eInduced arthritis in rats: a new model for rheumatoid arthritis with a chronic disease across influenced by both major histocompatibility complex and non-major histocompatibility complex genes. Am J Pathol 149(5): 1675e83.
• Vincelette J, Xu Y, Zhang LN, Schaefer CJ, Vergona R, Sullivan ME, Hampton TG, Wang YX. (2007). analysis in a murine model of collagen-induced arthritis.Arthritis Res Ther;9(6):R123 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/ar2331
• Williams KJ and Tabas I. (2005). Lipoprotein Retention—And Clues for Atheroma Regression. Arteriosclerosis DOI: https://doi.org/10.1161/01.ATV.0000174795.62387.d3